Welcome to the Wagga Wagga Health Service (WWHS) Redevelopment Project website. This website is designed to provide you with up to date information on the project as it progresses.
The redevelopment of WWHS will provide the Murrumbidgee regional community with expanded and improved health services based in Wagga Wagga.
The Project Redevelopment
The redevelopment’s construction will be undertaken in phases - to ensure hospital services continue throughout the duration of the redevelopment.
The redevelopment will deliver the following:
Mental Health Building – construction of a new 50 bed mental health unit; completed in October 2013.
- Acute Hospital Building – construction of the new acute hospital including emergency department, operating theatres, women’s and children’s inpatient units, new intensive care and high dependency units, angiography suites, additional inpatient beds and rooftop helipad.
Once the new Acute Hospital Building is complete, the demolition of the existing 6-storey tower building will commence, along with the construction of a new on-grade car-park and north-facing main entrance and public amenities.
New Hospital Benefits
The new hospital will provide the platform for new models of care focused on the needs of patients, including;
- 20 new sub-acute mental health beds;
- 10 additional acute mental health overnight inpatient beds;
- New emergency department;
- Increased capacity renal facility;
- New operating theatre suite including expanded recovery capacity;
- New cardiac catheterisation laboratory & angiography suite;
- New women’s and children’s inpatient unit including birthing suites;
- New central sterilising services department with increased capacity;
- New medical imaging department, and
- Additional car parking.
Read more about the project summary.
Read more about the planning & progress.
Read more about the key features of the project.