The $282.1M Redevelopment of Wagga Wagga Health Service will provide a modern healthcare facility suited to the current and future needs of the regional community.
Benefits to the community include:
- A ‘user friendly’ hospital which is integrated into the Wagga Wagga community and builds links to the adjoing health precinct;
- Improved access to a greater range of health services;
- Strengthened clinical networks with other hospitals, including Calvary Hospital and community health services within MLHD and across NSW; and
- Streamlining of the patient journey through the system of health care.
The WWHS redevelopment will increase the bed capacity from 237 to 294. In addition, the redevelopment will also deliver:
- Seven additional emergency spaces;
- Four additional renal spaces;
- Three additional birthing suites with a new maternity unit;
- Additional operating theatres and a procedure room;
- New cardiac catheter and angiography suite;
- New and expanded medical imaging facilities; and
- New main entrance and public amenities