A linkway to connect the new Stage 3 building with the first floor of the Acute Services Building is under construction. As a safety precaution, exclusion zones will be established in the Support Services Building (SSB) ground floor corridor from:
- 6am Wednesday 2 September to 6am Monday 7 September
- 6am Wednesday 23 September to 6am Monday 28 September.
Several measures are in place with the various units who regularly use this corridor. However please note:
- The staff amenities room is accessible by taking the stairs near the Executive area on the SSB first floor to the ground floor. It is also accessible from outside in the driveway off Docker Street.
- Patient Transit Unit will be open but will only accommodate patients that can be transferred in wheelchairs.
- A traffic controller will be on duty around the dock/SSB stores area from 6am to 3pm, Wednesday to Friday.
- Only staff transporting waste and dirty linen will be permitted across the dock. The dock/SSB stores area is not to be used as a pedestrian thoroughfare.
- There’ll be increased traffic in the dock/SSB stores area, including the lift, so please slow down and take care.